We’re not always hiring, but when we are, we’re looking for someone special. Someone who gets us. Someone who understands how we work and why. Someone who enjoys problem solving, who can bring energy, positivity and initiative, as well as being really good at their job.
AJ&Smart builds better products faster, for some of the world’s top companies.
We specialise in creating new digital products and bringing ideas to life in only 4 weeks. We don’t want to waste our customers’ precious time and budget – we want to deliver value where it counts.
Just some of the companies we work with…
How we work
We’re not a full service agency – we do a few small things very well and focus on one customer at a time.
We use Design Sprints to compress work that would usually take months into days. We cut the fat out of the standard design process to launch products faster so we can learn from real user data, not guesswork.
Training Manager (m/w/d)
- 3+ years of experience leading trainings, webinars, etc. for design, digital, or UX teams
- 4+ years in a professional business setting and polished communication skills (all workshops will be in English)
- Understanding of the Design Sprint process
- Expert in design thinking methods
- Passion for travel: you will be required to travel to our clients 1-2 times per month, which will require staying at the location for 1-2 nights. Most travel will be within Europe, however you can expect travel to the USA about once every quarter. There is no exception here, all AJ&Smart B2B client-services team members are required to travel.
- Foundation in Agile methodologies and lean UX practices
- Ability to champion design thinking, human-centered design and the needs of our users
Good to have
- Past successes designing UX instructional materials
- Held titles of Learning Designer, Instructional Designer or similar for software-focused or web-based product teams
- Additional experience in developing positive team dynamics, and convergent/divergent thinking practices
- UX or creative design experience
This requires a lot of proactive work, priority setting and a cool head. You won’t always be told exactly what to do and you are expected to do a lot of the ‘figuring it out’ work yourself, through trial and error. Things change very quickly at AJ&Smart, especially in new areas like training. A role with this much freedom is a dream come true for some, but too unstructured for people who prefer being given specific tasks and deadlines.
About the role
Your tasks will include:
- Facilitating workshops for the best companies around the world
- Reporting directly to the CEO
- Updating and improving our current training methodologies and being part of creating new workshops. We’re looking for someone who’s enthusiastic about running the best, most practical design training on the planet!
- Working within the client services business of AJ&Smart to make sure that corporate trainings are always high quality, constantly evolving and running smoothly/consistently.
- Facilitating corporate training events both offsite and at the AJ&Smart office
- Working with Sales to understand the needs of the client
- Planning all aspects of the training, including planning workshop content for the client based on their business needs
- When required, run Design Sprints to keep your skillset and experience up to date
How we invest in you
Apart from your salary, you will also get:
- An education budget for conferences, trainings, etc
- Sports and yoga classes, or subsidised gym/hobby membership
- Weekly catered lunches with the entire company
- All the equipment you need to do your job
- A stunning office with a magical view in Berlin Kreuzberg, with a fully-stocked kitchen, barista-style coffee machine and a sandwich press
- Team retreats
- 25 days paid leave
- And of course mandatory state health insurance and parental leave
How to apply
Tell us why you’re perfect for this job by sending a cover letter and CV to careers(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)ajsmart.com.
Use the job title as the subject line in the email.