We’re not always hiring, but when we are, we’re looking for someone special. Someone who gets us. Someone who understands how we work and why. Someone who enjoys problem solving, who can bring energy, positivity and initiative, as well as being really good at their job.
AJ&Smart builds better products faster, for some of the world’s top companies.
We specialise in creating new digital products and bringing ideas to life in only 4 weeks. We don’t want to waste our customers’ precious time and budget – we want to deliver value where it counts.
Just some of the companies we work with…
How we work
We’re not a full service agency – we do a few small things very well and focus on one customer at a time.
We use Design Sprints to compress work that would usually take months into days. We cut the fat out of the standard design process to launch products faster so we can learn from real user data, not guesswork.
Product Design Trainer
- A constant learner, passionate about your own professional development
- Energetic and compelling individual, able to persuade others to try new and better ways of working
- Passionate about design thinking, human-centred design and the needs of our users
- 3 + years of experience working in a design environment with design, digital, or UX teams
- 3 + years in a professional business setting and polished communication skills (all workshops will be in English)
- Understanding of the Design Sprint process
- Understanding of design thinking methods
- Passion for travel: you will be required to travel to our clients 1-2 times per month, which will require staying at the location for 1-2 nights. Most travel will be within Europe, however you can expect travel to the USA about once every quarter. There is no exception here, all AJ&Smart B2B client-services team members are required to travel
Good to have
- Experience of training or coaching others
- Previous responsibility in introducing product ideas to management teams and businesses
- Understanding of positive team dynamics, and convergent/divergent thinking practices
- UX or creative design experience
- Foundation in Agile methodologies and lean UX practices
We are looking for an energetic person to make people feel great on our training courses. You won’t always be told exactly what to do but you will be guided and coached by a positive team, passionate about design and training. Things change very quickly at AJ&Smart, especially in new areas like training. A role with this much variation, travel and exposure is a dream come true for some, but too unstructured for people who prefer being given a desk, a routine or a rigid structure.
About the role
Your tasks will include:
- Facilitating workshops for the best companies around the world
- Reporting to the Training Manager
- Helping to update and improve our current training methodologies and being part of creating new workshops. We’re looking for someone who’s enthusiastic about running the best, most practical design training on the planet!
- Working within the client services business of AJ&Smart to gain feedback and insight into how training can be improved
- Assisting with corporate training events both offsite and at the AJ&Smart office
- Assisting with the planning of all aspects of the training, including planning workshop content for the client based on their business needs
- When required, assist with Design Sprints to keep your skillset and experience up to date
How we invest in you
Apart from your salary, you will also get:
- An education budget for conferences, trainings, etc
- Sports and yoga classes, or subsidised gym/hobby membership
- Weekly catered lunches with the entire company
- All the equipment you need to do your job
- A stunning office with a magical view in Berlin Kreuzberg, with a fully-stocked kitchen, barista-style coffee machine and a sandwich press
- Team retreats
- 25 days paid leave
- And of course mandatory state health insurance and parental leave
How to apply Tell us why you’re perfect for this job by sending a cover letter and CV to careers(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)ajsmart.com. Use the job title as the subject line in the email.