We’re not always hiring, but when we are, we’re looking for someone special. Someone who gets us. Someone who understands how we work and why. Someone who enjoys problem solving, who can bring energy, positivity and initiative, as well as being really good at their job.
AJ&Smart builds better products faster, for some of the world’s top companies.
We specialise in creating new digital products and bringing ideas to life in only 4 weeks. We don’t want to waste our customers’ precious time and budget – we want to deliver value where it counts.
Just some of the companies we work with…
How we work
We’re not a full service agency – we do a few small things very well and focus on one customer at a time.
We use Design Sprints to compress work that would usually take months into days. We cut the fat out of the standard design process to launch products faster so we can learn from real user data, not guesswork.
Commercial Growth Manager
- You’re driven to grow: creating enquiries, converting them to passionate clients and controlling the whole process is what gets you going
- You have a strong commercial background but your real passion is in maximising returns from all customer enquiries
- You are familiar with growth marketing and know how to attract, warm up and close leads
- You think in funnels and take a scientific approach to sales and marketing
- You have demonstrated for over 3 years your ability to be totally responsible for customer acquisition, from attraction to conversion and retention
- You are fluent in English and can communicate effectively – verbal and written comms are exceptional
- You like change – working in multiple locations, across many sectors and companies
- You are open to travel – some of our customers come to us, others are in Silicon Valley, others are based across Europe
- You understand products and product strategy, and can speak the lingo – you won’t be fazed by sitting down with top execs from high profile, multinational companies
- Tracking, forecasting and reporting comes naturally to you – you’re constantly looking at the numbers proactively
- You can think on your feet and come up with commercial ideas and solutions while keeping a cool head
Good to have
- Experience of working in a start-up environment. We are an entrepreneurial company with a positive team vibe
- Flexible but focused. All our team have to be flexible but focused. We each have our main goals but these are only part of our overall company goal and when we need to be flexible, we all pull together to achieve that
- Experience with Hubspot and Intercom
- Knowledge of Design Sprint and Design Thinking methodology
- Experience running Growth Hacking/CRO experiments
About the role
Your tasks will include:
- Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire customer acquisition pipeline
- Everything you do will have an impact on growing our business, from acquiring new leads to engaging existing customers
- Managing our customer facing content on each of our existing platforms
- Identifying new platforms for us to appear on, piloting content (paid and organic)
- Contacting marketing leads for conversion
- Writing proposals and converting high value B2B sales
- Segmenting customer acquisition journeys, carrying out A/B testing and creating landing pages
- Running experiments across the funnel to optimise results
- Producing lead magnets and building campaigns around them
- Engaging existing customers through events and attendance at our Design Sprints and Training Courses
- Responding to incoming customer enquiries and qualifying leads
- Create and promote company case studies and other content for the marketing and sales pipeline
- Manage leads across multiple customer acquisition stages
- Regular reporting to ensure the pipeline is healthy
- Attending events to mingle with leads and create partnerships
- Looking out for content creation opportunities (PR and collaborations) and speaking gigs
- Managing a BD Executive and Marketing resources
How we invest in you
Apart from your salary, you will also get:
- An education budget for conferences, trainings, etc
- Sports and yoga classes, or subsidised gym/hobby membership
- Weekly catered lunches with the entire company
- All the equipment you need to do your job
- A stunning office with a magical view in Berlin Kreuzberg, with a fully-stocked kitchen, barista-style coffee machine and a sandwich press
- Team retreats
- 25 days paid leave
- And of course mandatory state health insurance and parental leave
How to apply
Tell us why you’re perfect for this job by sending a cover letter and CV to careers(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)ajsmart.com.
Use the job title as the subject line in the email.