We’re not always hiring, but when we are, we’re looking for someone special. Someone who gets us. Someone who understands how we work and why. Someone who enjoys problem solving, who can bring energy, positivity and initiative, as well as being really good at their job.
Assistant Videographer / Editor
Hey you! We’re looking for an in-the-know full-time Assistant Videographer / Editor to join our Content Marketing / Growth team here at AJ&Smart!
You’ll be part of a small but high achieving team, that punches above its weight to produce large amounts of high quality video content for our social media platforms (Youtube, LinkedIn and Instagram), our vlog and our website!
You will need to be Berlin based (or prepared to relocate) within Q1 of 2020! The earlier the better! An interest in Technology / Product Design / UX Design would be beneficial, but not essential.
Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Working closely with our existing Videographer and Editor and our Content Marketer to generate amazing new video content, while also re-purposing from our existing and extensive back catalogue of video and audio.
- Assisting in the planning, briefing, setup and execution of video and audio projects.
- Editing high quality video and audio to tight deadlines and detailed briefs.
- Optimising and publishing video content across a variety of social media platforms.
- Repurpose video / audio for release as micro-content (on different platforms and in different formats).
- Constantly researching new channel ‘best practices’, trends and strategies based on the evolution of these platforms over time.
- Must be up to date and knowledgeable with the latest videography / editing and content marketing practices including be obsessively learning from people like Gary Vee on content marketing strategies.
- Coming up with creative ways (new video ideas, tactics, platforms etc) to increase audience engagement and growth.
- Share your knowledge with the team during planning and in practice.
You will need:
- Ability to interpret business needs / objectives and use your filming and editing skills to meet it through creative storytelling (via long form video and micro content).
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of editing tools, good workflow practices and techniques, principally in Adobe Premier Pro.
- Knowledgeable & experienced in publishing video content on social media.
- Have an understanding of the fundamentals of videography (composition, lighting setups, audio setups, camera functionality etc).
- High attention to detail, and an eye for quality.
- Eagerness to learn and work at a fast pace.
- A high level command of the English language (C1/2) – Ideally native level.
- Work positively and effectively with a high calibre, deeply driven team.
Beneficial (but not required):
- Basic understanding / technical ability in graphic design (think thumbnails / cover art etc.).
- Basic understanding of copywriting principles (Video bios / supporting social copy etc etc.).
- Ability to produce simple ‘lower-thirds’ and other motion graphics in After Effects (to add supporting materials to the video content).
Working in our beautiful studio, in the heart of Berlin’s Kreuzberg district, for our globally recognised digital product agency, that works for the world’s most elite brands on incredible projects.
Education budget of up to €1000 a year to learn and invest in your skills / career AND free books.
A professional development plan to help you grow and develop in your role and within the company.
Access to any and all equipment you will need to do your job, to the highest standards.
Weekly team lunches, socials, fitness and yoga classes.
A full stocked kitchen/cafe.
This is a full time role with a salary range of 22-27k based on experience.
How to apply
Send your CV and links to any supporting work to careers(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)ajsmart.com (Use the job title as the subject line in the email) and complete this survey ( https://e2a.typeform.com/to/c3t9ff ) by 29/01/2020.